Thursday, August 06, 2015

A Change of Plans

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand. " (Psalm 37:23-24)

39 weeks today! Yahoo!!! Everyone is eager for Mr. Josiah to make his arrival. :) I'm not the most patient person by myself & with the help of 7 children (Katherine doesn't count- she has no clue what's happening!), it's even harder. ;)

Recently, we've had to make a lot of changes to our plans for Josiah's birth due to my severe anemia. I spent majority of the day driving to & from downtown (oh, the joys of Atlanta traffic!) to meet with our new midwives & doctor, as we are switching from a home birth to a hospital birth. (Thankfully, the dr's office isn't where I'll be delivering- that hospital is closer.) The reason for the switch is concern over postpartum bleeding & recovery due to my anemia.

It's been hard emotionally to make the switch so late in my pregnancy. Many of you will wonder at that & I'm not even going to try to explain why home births are so important to us. :) While it's hard, I am SO THANKFUL the Lord has directed us to this new practice where they embrace home births. I've never experienced such positive attitudes before from the medical community before! I'm SO THANKFUL for hospitals to care for us when we are sick (which is the reason a person should use them)! I'm SO THANKFUL I was able to have an ultrasound yesterday & see Josiah- I really needed that! It helped to remind me how blessed Eric & I. The birthing process is important but it's not an end in itself.

With all of these changes & appointments for iron treatments (I have my second tomorrow), I've been gone A LOT. It's less than ideal & I miss my children. I'd really like to give my bathrooms a through cleaning, have time to address attitudes that have crept up with mama being gone so much & have a complete day of lessons. But our Lord knows & orders our days & He is teaching us all to submit with joy!

I think my children miss me too... though Patricia is proving that she'll be a better mama than me one day by all the care & activities she's been doing while I'm gone. May God bless her for her faithfulness! I'm grateful my children are learning to serve each other (& their mama!) during this time. Yesterday, in addition to baking with the girls & serving lunch, Patricia lead them in finger painting & then painted the girl's nails. (Those last two are things I never do!) Katherine kept leaning over to look at her piggies, touching them & squealing. ADORABLE:



We would ask you to continue to pray for Josiah & I's health & for a quick/safe delivery! Thank you so much for joining us in praying! 

3 comments:

Bethany said...

We are praying for you! I am sorry that your plans had to be changed, but at least you have good doctors and midwives looking after you and Josiah.

Jeanelle said...

I can't believe it's time for Josiah already! We'll see you in a few days!! Praying for health and safety for you and little Josiah.

Auntie Karen said...

Praying that you both come through this delivery in the best of health. I can't wait to get down at some point and spend time with the Tully baseball team. Auntie Karen can't wait to see all the littles, including the ones I haven't met yet LOL. HUGS! Maybe you guys could make a plan to come up to NY next year. I have a huge yard with lots of critters, the kids would love it, and I would love a house full of littl'uns!